Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Birthday, IA City Trip, 2 Football Parties and NYE Party!!!


Thursday was my 33rd birthday and it was a fabulous one!  Jason took the day off, treated us out for breakfast and then drove us to IA City for a fun day trip down memory lane.  Here are Chloe and I out for breakfast.
We stopped down by the river and crossed the bridge like I did a million times over to the art studios and art classes.  I could almost feel my portfolio digging into my shoulder again;)
We took a tour of homes, starting with my dorm.  It was connected to and behind Currier but it was named Stanley.  I lived in the lounge with 10 other girls as we awaited our final room placements.  It was a blast and brought back so many great memories as did this whole day.
Then Jason and I moved into this apartment complex, Ralston Creek.  It was short lived, thank goodness.
Only to be followed up by this house on Governor with a million other roommates run by a slum lord.  And by the looks of it still we think he still owns it.  These were all the places of residence my freshman year of school!
Then my best friend, Bree, and I lived in this apartment our sophomore year.  It was a great year and a ton of our friends lived in the same block as well!
Here's Jason's apartment where he lived with 4 of his friends, also just down the block from us!
Then my junior year I lived at this house on Burlington with a couple girls and a guy.  It was alright but not my fave.  Jason's apartment that year was too far away so we skipped going to see it this time.
This was our final apartment.  We lived there with our great friend Jamie.  It was set up Melrose place style with a very fun pool in the center of the complex.  This was a great way to end out my college years.
Here's the New Pioneer Coop where Jason worked for a while.  I remember it seeming much bigger that it really is.  He used to bring me home the best grilled, veggie sandwiches ever!
The old capital building.  Chloe liked the shiny roof:)
We walked downtown, it sure seemed smaller too.
A trip around the ped mall, one of my fave places about IA City.
Then we went to our beloved Sam's Pizza for calzones.  It was and still is our fave calzone place ever!  And nearly 11 years later it still tastes exactly the same, delicious!
Family photo at Sam's before lunch.
We stopped at the mall, Chloe enjoyed a ride on the carousel.  And from the looks of this photo, so did Jason!
Cute!  I love watching them have fun together.
Chloe knows what's up, #1!
That brings us to Friday's IA State bowl party at Rich and Andrea's house.  Here are Caden and Chloe playing pool together.
Luke helping Chloe get a ride from Rambo:)
A little foos ball action.
Jason wearing the rally helmet:)
And the fun didn't stop there.  We headed to Petersen's for the Hawkeye party that evening.  Chloe and Hannah make the cutest cheer leaders ever!
Even baby TJ was ready for the party!  His cute little pose just called out to my camera:)
And then Saturday night brought a fun NYE party at Tyler and Rebecca's.
Chloe was the happiest little girl I have ever seen when Tyrone came over to the party!  He took off through the house with Chloe only a few inches behind him saying "she's the greatest puppy ever!".  It was hilarious!
We played some fun games, including Quelf.  Just don't even ask what is going on:)
Tyler wearing his party helmet while playing Quelf:)

Chloe, her teddy and Kiko all cuddled up and watching some cartoons.  We all made it til midnight and had a blast celebrating the new year with family!  Now that is a lot of partying if you ask me!

No comments: