Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Random Stuff

 Chloe loves to help me cook and bake in the kitchen.  It's gotten to the point where she would rather help me make breakfast than watch cartoons!  And if you've been around in the morning when cartoons are on you know this is a big deal.  So the other morning I was showing Chloe how to "crack" an egg, pull it apart and drop the egg in the dish.  I turned around for a split second to toss the shell in the sink and Chloe had already taken it upon herself to do the next egg.  The picture above is what happened!  She said, "Look, I crashed the egg!".  I would have to agree that it looks more like a crash than a crack;)
 The lights are up inside and outside of the house now!
I got my hair cut the other night and my stylist straightened it for me.  We were really wondering how Chloe would react to my straight hair, she has never seen it this way before.  When I got home and Chloe saw me, she started giggling and got right up in my lap and face and couldn't stop touching my hair.  She was saying how long it was, like Rapunzel's and like her teacher Ms Tracey's and kept running her hands through it.  Then she ran to get a brush and brush my hair, a novelty since that can't be done with my curly hair.  It was such a funny reaction and I'm glad it didn't scare her like the stylist said happens sometimes. 

Another great story that I keep forgetting to share is that Chloe knows the Pledge of Allegiance.  This past Friday while celebrating Thanksgiving at my brother and sister in laws house, out of the blue Chloe recited The Pledge word for word.  We didn't teach her this and therefor we were even more surprised that she knew it.  It was awesome!  She said she learned it at school and recited it for us about 100 more times that night.  I'll try to get it on video and post it but she's not as inclined to perform for us anymore.

No comments: